How to Consign
Review & Price
Call for a weekday appointment to bring in items or photos, or email digital photos to: email@example.com or schedule a home visit for a house full of items. Consignors have the opportunity to agree to all pricing.
Sign & Sell
The Board of Trade and its consignors sign a contract. The Board of Trade carries items on consignment for a minimum of fourteen weeks, and they may stay longer if necessary. Good merchandise moves very quickly. We sell the majority of new inventory within four weeks.
Your item(s) will remain at full-price for a month, after which the price is reduced at regular intervals. Exceptions to the mark-down policy are made for truly outstanding pieces that may take a while to find the right buyer.
Checks are mailed each month for the prior month’s sales.
Advantages of Using The Board of Trade
We’ve been a trusted partner for marketing antiques, collectibles, designer fashion, jewelry and home decor for over twenty years. Our inventory is top-shelf and our constant inflow of new items keeps customers coming back.
The Board of Trade has invested in a prime location in upscale Historic Roswell. We are a main attraction for visitors to Roswell’s hub of cultural activities, art galleries, restaurants, and high-end boutiques. Our storefront has prominent visibility on Highway 9—where more than 30,000 cars pass the store every day.
To maintain our loyal following and bring in new buyers, The Board of Trade heavily invests in on-line marketing. Choice inventory is professionally photographed and uploaded to our website every week to entice customers searching the Web. We issue a weekly on-line newsletter to a database of over 5000 subscribers and post weekly to our large following on Facebook.
Our fine consignment shop is a dynamic retail concept designed to move great pieces at fair prices. At The Board of Trade, 50-70% of your item’s sale price goes to you—the most competitive consignment arrangement you’ll find.
How to Consign
- We accept consignments by appointment Tuesday to Saturday from 11-4pm.
- We consign designer and boutique label women’s apparel sizes 0-20, shoes, handbags, and accessories in pristine condition that are less than 2 years old. We accept furs seasonally.
- We accept some high-end vintage items depending on condition.
- We ask that items are brought in laundered or dry-cleaned on hangers or folded neatly.
- Authenticity is required for all couture items.
- Your items will be priced according to their retail value and condition by staff at THE BOUTIQUE. We are happy to discuss pricing with you on specific items.
- You will receive an itemized inventory sheet via mail listing the accepted merchandise for consignment and the date it was entered into our system.
- The Consignor receives 50% of the selling price for items that sell for under $500. (Sixty percent for items that sell over $500). Checks are mailed on the 15th of each month once the account is owed more than $25. Consignors may use their share as a store credit.
We Make Closet Calls!
Labels We Love